Friday, August 22, 2014

for when there aren't many words left {#Furgeson}

{via pinterest}
as far as Ferguson goes, I've been silent. 
I mean that as literally as you can get. nothing on social media. not my Facebook or my Twitter or my Instagram or my blog. nothing. period. 

silence. 

and that, for me, is odd. there are very few social issues that leave me at a loss for words. this one, however, has done exactly that. 

I am at a loss for words. 

let me be very clear here :: I have not been silent because I am white. I have not been silent because I have an unpopular opinion. I have not been silent because I am afraid. 

I have been silent because it has been one of those moments where you are confronted with something so overwhelming that it leaves nothing behind. there have been so many amazing words shared already. {you can find a couple fantastic and powerfully gentle posts here and here.} there have been arguments on both sides, strong words flung and feet planted into the dirt. the Internet is good at controversy, after all. 

what could I possibly say? wouldn't I only be adding to the noise?
because let's be honest :: there's been a lot of noise. madness. tumult. 

all I can do is pray. 
and that's pretty much exactly what I'm going to do here. 

:: 

oh God. 
bring peace. 

oh Lord,
bring comfort. 

oh Jesus. oh sweet Jesus. 
bring clarity. 

Spirit of the living God,
fall fresh. 

oh Lion, 
breathe. 

oh mighty Father, 
sustain. 

selah. selah. selah. 

1 comment:

  1. "I have been silent because it has been one of those moments where you are confronted with something so overwhelming that it leaves nothing behind." yes--feeling very similar feelings.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon