Thursday, September 24, 2015

lingering leftovers {guest post for The Mudroom}


The little lines appeared on the stick in January.
I think hers did too, just twenty years prior.
::
She, my first daughter, was born in September. A week to the day before my twenty-first birthday. A week to the day before the twenty-one year anniversary of the day I met the woman who birthed me. And my parents. 

At the same time.

{I'm over at The Mudroom today discussing my adoption, fitting for the day after my 25th birthday. I hope you'll join me there for the rest of the story.}

2 comments:

  1. Rachel... I recently read your book Portals of Water and Wine... I really enjoyed it. Thank you for your creativity...

    this may not have been the right place to comment on this, I did not see where to go :-)XDlynnX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon