Wednesday, April 10, 2013

if you dare

it's the one about revelation. it's the one about life unrestrained and the stuff that comes along with it, day by day.

it's the one about renewal and restoration. embracing the challenge, living in the freedom we craved and received and now are almost too afraid to reach out and take.

{via pinterest}
i thew my hands in the air and said
"show me something"
He said
"if you dare, come a little closer."
stay // rihanna

and i'm digging in my heels and shaking my head back and forth because i'm afraid. but arrows have to be pulled back to fly forward, and so i'm releasing my grip and letting my head lean up with mouth open to taste the rain of His goodness and mercy. 

sometimes i feel like a collage, scrap paper pieced together like little girl dreams of this and that with glue sticks and glitter, except with bigger girl dreams that are just as fragile and just as deep.

it's like holding that match to newspaper, watching the flames expand and the statue turn from stone to new living skin and blood and breath. the thunder rolls like the churning mantra in my soul, and i find
my way to stomping and lifting my face to the sky.

if you dare, come a little closer.

hesitant on the water's edge, whispering, i'm thirsty...will You promise not to hurt me? 

and He says that He can make no such promise, but i come and dip my hand in the stream anyway because the Water is living and i am dying slowly without Him flowing through my body like liquid Light.  

:: because i begged Him to show me something.
and He did. 




{linking with dear emily where we rejoice in imperfection} 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so beautiful.
    "And arrows have to be pulled back to fly forward..."
    Your raw sharing of fear mixed with longing is so poignant and, yet, so identifiable.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we ask Him, - He does - we just have to pull back. I love the archery imagery - two of my guys were involved in an archery program - so much self-control, so much going within:) Simply lovely encouragement today:) Wishing you a pull back weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Liquid Light," what a perfect metaphor for the spirit's healing warmth. Your writing glorifies God so much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sometimes i feel like a collage, scrap paper pieced together like little girl dreams of this and that with glue sticks and glitter, except with bigger girl dreams that are just as fragile and just as deep."

    amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your beautiful, heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "and He says that He can make no such promise, but i come and dip my hand in the stream anyway because the Water is living and i am dying slowly without Him flowing through my body like liquid Light.

    :: because i begged Him to show me something.
    and He did."

    LOVE IT! so love it!
    thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon