Monday, May 31, 2010

Love


Flowers for no reason.
Jewelry on special occasions.
Long walks under the moonlight, kisses in the rain under a wrought-iron street light.
Conversations late into the night about everything and nothing.

Is it being caught up in the magic, the wonder?
Is it the stuff you see in movies?
Or is those little things you do that no one else sees?

Running your fingers through my hair during yet another episode of The Office or CSI.
Holding me in your arms as you fall asleep.
Slow dancing in the kitchen to my cell phone ringtone.
Holding me in your arms while I cry my heart out.
Staying up too late on a work night just because I was struggling with something and needed to talk.
Seeing chick flicks with me and my girlfriends.

Loving me as your own body, as Christ loved the church.
Being willing to die for me.
Loving me just as I am.

You are a blessing. You are my hero.

I love you, Jonathon!

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. --Song of Solomon 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon