Monday, February 7, 2011

Cling

When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible. ~Mohandas Ghandi

I am the last leaf,
Clinging to the end of the thin branch,
The last scrap of green in a cold dying world.

I am the daisy petal,
The last of two clinging to the sunny center,
Wishing beyond all wishes to be
"He loves me"
And not
"He loves me not."

I am the oyster, weeping
Aching, overcome by the pain deep within
Knowing that if I simply wait...
...simply hold on...
A pearl of beauty will be evident.

I am the winding arms and connected lips,
Clinging to those of a lover from whom I shall soon be separated.
Never wanting to be free,
Never wanting to be alone again.

I am the stone, rough and jagged
Tossed about in the foam of the sea.
Drowning, overwhelmed in salt and surf...
...but soon, I shall be smooth.

I am waiting.

I am whispers.

I am love.

I am strength.

And I will cling to what I am

In Him.

1 comment:

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon