Thursday, March 10, 2011

Enchant

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet

Finally, winter is over.

I think.

I hope.

Personally, I'm a place where winter has officially started to wear down my inspiration.

But it's over.

Finally.

The snow is melted. The air is fresh with the scent of rich, damp soil and the electric aroma of thunderstorms.

Flowers are peaking their heads just a bit uncertainly out of the earth. The grass is turning from faded brown to the whispers of sweet green. The breeze has that elegant perfume of soft wind and cherry blossoms.

Love is everywhere. From couples holding hands and walking along the swollen stream banks to the sweetest whispers of "yes" as diamond rings glisten brand-new on slender fingers.

There is the harsh cover of grief swiftly renewed by the cry of resurrection -- from the harshness of the splintered cross to the flutter of angel's wings.

There is a strange magic in the springtime...some strange combination of love charms and rose-petaled incantations.

There is a reason that I am enchanted with this time of year.

There is an unspoken vow of love...of charm...of whispered secrets in the blossoms and unfurling leaves.

I'm ready to be inspired again.

I'm ready for the spring.

"For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
'The flowers have already appeared in the land; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, and the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land. 'The fig tree has ripened its figs, and the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along!" ~Song of Solomon 2:11-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon