Saturday, March 29, 2014

to a writer, for the moments

{my writing space}
for the moments when your words are few
run your fingers over the words you already have

for the moments when your words are flowing
let them pour hydration over your soul like ocean waves 

for the moments when you are broken down
carefully grasp the pieces and tuck them away

for the moments when holiness feels close, so close
reach out your fingers and accept the permission to touch the Word made Flesh. 

for the moments when you feel deflated
open your lungs and remember what oxygen tastes like. 

for the moments when you feel like dancing
spit out the fear and let your hips and soul move like one

for the moments when you feel like your flame is guttering
reach in the fire and remember what makes you burn.

feel the rumble in your bones. rise up, holy twigs animated by Glory and soul and oxygen. you have breath in you, even when it feels twisted out.

rise up, bones and skin and pumping blood and unseen glowing soul. you are aching and sore because you are working further up and further in. keep on. feel the rumble.

:: you are nearly there.



8 comments:

  1. Incredible! :) :) I really enjoyed this encouragement. It reminds me to persevere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, persevere. never give up. your words drip value.

      Delete
  2. what a refreshment for me today, thank you, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, of course, precious precious Melinda. I am so grateful for your witness here today.

      Delete
  3. I love this, and I love the look of your blog! I'm your newest follower on fb and twitter - I'd love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to find your blog over at Jen's, ... lovely words from your writing space.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon