Friday, January 28, 2011

Grâce à la Garde-Robe (Through the Wardrobe)

"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis

I believe in lampposts...

...in snow-covered forests and the hoof-beats of fauns stomping on the Dancing Lawn...

...in the sparkle of the Eastern Sea and four thrones set in Cair Paravel from the beginning of time, waiting for their destined occupants to arrive.

I believe in wardrobes, in locked greenhouse doors, and paintings that come to life.

I believe in the Lion.

The Son of the Emperor across the sea.

He's not safe, but He is good.

I don't know Him -- I'm not worthy. But He knows me, deeper than I know myself.

In His presence, I am a dragon in need of His claws to strip away my scales back to purity again.

I am afraid to take a drink from the spring He offers, but I know I have no other choice...I know He demands everything in return.

He knows my name.

His breath is healing. His breath gives strength.

He took my place. My curse. My death.

He gave Himself up for me -- from life to death and back again.

He forgives me.

He loves me.

He fought the Deep Magic and caused the Table to crack.

He draws me further up. He calls me further in.

His land is perfect. His land is waiting.

He is waiting.

I believe in Aslan.

I believe in Narnia.

"...He won't say the words you wish that he would / Oh, he don't do the deeds you know that He could / He won't think the thoughts you think He should / But He is good, He is good..." ~Aslan, Kendall Payne


1 comment:

  1. Wow...This is so beautiful, and just so...neat? Yeah, neat is definitely an understatement, but you get the idea. I love how you tied examples from Narnia into just speaking about God...beautiful, beautiful.

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon