Friday, January 28, 2011

Release

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

After almost six months of having things the same way, I have finally changed the layout and feel of my blog.

It took me a long time to convince myself that it was a good thing to do.

I liked my old layout. It was deep, dark, and beautiful...and it had been that way almost since the very beginning of this blog.

It took my best friend and a lot of convincing for me to finally accept the concept of changing the blog's look. The color's are lighter, the feel is romantic, and the look is open and fresh.

I love the way it looks now.

It's funny...even the very idea of changing something as simple as a blog layout was almost too much for me to handle. As I've said before, I have somewhat of a hard time with change. I like things to stay familiar -- comfortable, in a way.

I guess I've become stuck in my own rut. Sometimes, it's as simple as the layout on my blog. Other times, it's more intense. More frightening.

Because it requires letting go.

I'll admit, I like holding on to my life. Keeping a firm grip on the steering wheel on my own plans and agenda, not letting anyone else run the show except for me...

...but when I take such strong control of my life, I push the King of Kings off the throne.

I break His heart.

It's not my job to be in charge.

Letting go doesn't make me weak or less of a strong woman. It makes me strong, powered by grace and wisdom from the One who sees better than I do.

So I have to embrace the change.

I have to let go...

...and trust that He will catch me.

Mere change is not growth. Growth is the synthesis of change and continuity, and where there is no continuity there is no growth. ~C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. When we try to take control of our lives, we basically tell God that we have all our own answers.

    A.W. Tozer once said something along the lines of this: "How can the Holy Spirit supply us with answers when we have all the answers of our own?"

    Glad to hear people change. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon