Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{seasons of love}

...in daylights, in sunsets / In midnights In cups of coffee. / In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. / In five hundred twenty-five thousand / Six hundred minutes / How do you measure / A year in the life? / How about love...seasons of love... ~Seasons of Love, RENT

It's a new year. In fact, we're about four days, and things already feel...different.

I think I was more ready for a change than I realized.

For me, I understand why God planned that the new year would start with the ground being frozen and covered in snow.

The snow will melt away before we realize that spring has come. The green of the grass will reappear and the whisper of gentle breezes will carry daisy petals and the notes of a robin's song over the once-frozen land.

The land will be renewed again.

The very thought makes me reminiscent for the land where a Lion's roar melts the snow and causes cherry blossoms to appear again through the barren emptiness of winter.

It's a reminder that so many things can come in my way -- betrayal, mistrust, mistakes both big and small -- and the ground will still thaw.

Restoration will still come.

The seasons change. Love renews.

So how will you measure this year?

Will you let the snow melt on your frozen heart?

Will you let the whispering call of the mighty Lion bring spring again to your soul?

This is the season of love.

"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of His roar, sorrows will be no more,
When He bares His teeth, winter meets its death
And when He shakes his mane, we shall have spring again." ~
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

1 comment:

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon