Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Caught

Do you know what it's like
To stand on the edge of a cliff, rising a thousand feet above a bottomless chasm?
Black with despair, cold with regret.
No handhold. Nothing to grasp. Nothing to steady yourself.
Every voice, every nerve, every person around you screaming...

FALL. FALL. FALL.

I do.

I had an addiction
To vulnerability
While being trapped in stone that even tears could not break free from,
No matter how hard I tried.

Being so insecure that I was unable to live without his
Attention
Love
Touch
And even then,
I was alone.

Unable to step outside without the voices screaming
Fever-pitch in my head.
unworthy.
unloved.
broken.

nothing.
nothing.
nothing.

Then.

I just let go.

And that's when He caught me.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me off the cliff
And into Himself.

Broke the chain that I forged for myself, throwing each link into the flames,
As I watched it melt.
Gone forever.

Cut. Melted.
Empty. Melted.
Worthless. Melted.
Ugly. Melted.

FREE.
Etched in stone forever
In His Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon