Friday, May 20, 2011

Étrangères (Foreigner)

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." ~Lewis Carroll

(This post was inspired by a post done by the beautiful Jocee at her blog Cupcake Dictionary)

This world is strange to me.

There are times that I walk down the street, and I think, "do I belong here? Is this where I truly fit?"

Because, if i am truly honest...I don't feel normal here.

...but then again, would I want to?

This world has shut out the impossible.

Reality has become defined by the senses, truth by the individual and not by the fact.

I'm a dreamer. Perhaps a bit too much.

But I don't belong here.

Because I believe in the impossible.

I believe in Truth. I believe in Light. I believe in Him.

Six impossible things, you say? Well, here you are.

1. I believe that I am loved, regardless of my broken past.

2. I believe that the King of the universe traded in His crown of gold for a thousand thorns -- for me.

3. I believe He's coming back to take me to His kingdom to reign with Him forever.

4. I believe that, through His blood, my shame is gone...my life is claimed...and my past and future is forgiven.

5. I believe that Death has been overthrown and Hell has been defeated.

6. I believe in Jesus Christ.

Impossible? Most definitely.

But with my God, all things are possible.

And I was right...I don't belong in this world.

... because I was made for another place.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. Another lovely post!! I am in awe. This is just so beautiful, and like your blog title, Dramatically Elegant :)) Great post, deary :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be my very favorite post from you yet! So, so wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh I just totally realized I wasn't following you!! I have repented. I thought I was following you, though :))
    -Jocee <3
    P.S. I LOVE the music on your playlist!! I have a dance party for each song. No, seriously, I do.
    And you can find a tutorial on how to make your blog buttons here:
    http://shabbyblogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/tutorial-how-to-get-your-own-grab_30.html
    Or, I can just go ahead and make one for you :))

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon