Wednesday, May 1, 2013

moon-howler // be still

{via pinterest}
daughter
be of great courage
for your faith has made you whole.

i forget He said that.

it's funny, the more i pour through familiar words, the more i'm okay with passing them by. maybe because they whisper a little too close for comfort, maybe i'm afraid of what they say. 

am i afraid of being made whole? 
am i too comfortable with brokenness? 

because being healed takes more work than maybe i want to invest. maybe this thing of building wings while falling is too scary...too many of the "what if's" clouding my eyes like midnight fog on the windshield making it hard to see through the night.

after all
i might drop the feathers

howling at the moon is a brave thing, but what if my voice cracks? what if i'm less of a Lioness and more of a kitten on a rain-soaked back porch? the scars make a pretty picture, but they tell a story too, and what if i don't like the words they speak? 

:: because if i start, then i have to finish. 
{via pinterest}

oh
He will fight for you
you need only be still

so sometimes you have to leave your shoes somewhere in the blackberry patch and just run out in the soft dew-damp grass. because you have wings hidden in your hair and stars in your eyes, and the Son who made the moon wants to dance with you because you're His lady-love. 

and He'll hold your hand while you howl at the moon, brave-hearted beloved, fingers curled against His pierced palm while He sings His song in your ear. 

the world might whisper 
do you know Him? really?
and i sing
He knows me.


6 comments:

  1. Oh mylanta...I'm His lady-love
    He knows me. and loves me anyway. May I never look away.

    Thank you for reaching me in places I pretend don't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rachael
    Oh, what a beautiful love-letter to the Beloved of your heart! He won't let you fall when He teaches you to fly. In fact, He will be the wind beneath your wings. This is soul food for a hopeless romantic like me, thank you.
    Blessings from Emily's
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a really mystical vibe going here - cool and original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. breathing in the beauty here, and truth
    yes, He knows me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could wrap myself up in your words today.

    "howling at the moon is a brave thing, but what if my voice cracks? what if i'm less of a Lioness and more of a kitten on a rain-soaked back porch? the scars make a pretty picture, but they tell a story too, and what if i don't like the words they speak?"

    I don't have words, but thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon