Sunday, May 19, 2013

women :: wild-blessed

{photo via pinterest}
i speak about the wild here quite often. sometimes, i'm not even sure myself how to find that perfect grove of trees. and the smudge of dirt on my cheeks feels a little foreign, almost like a virginal bride awakening that morning to find her husband-love in her bed with a blush of blessed now.

i'm embracing that wild with shaking fingers, the wild that is woman, that is me somehow strange. the whisper of woman that was in the forefront of His mind, composed with God-Daddy smiles and sunrise-stained fingers that i cannot comprehend without weeping. because He formed me, hips and hair and eyes and mouth all in one, and whispered I see that you are good, wild daughter. 

and i can't help with the pinching and the frowning and the clumsy fingers clutching a chisel to gouge away the parts of me that He must have made wrong, the spots where the Wild-Maker slipped. and the mirror laughs and the sky cries as the Lion lets tears fall as i wrap myself in filmy black mourning cloth and block out the Light.

but He comes in the morning, like a bright-eyed groom with fresh unchanging love in His holy gaze and scissors to snip away the veils until i'm exposed and raw and maybe even bleeding just a little because pruning is pain, but it's beauty too. and then He spits on the ground and smears Heaven-made mud mixed with the Blood of the Lamb on my soul and whispers see again, for your faith has made you whole.


{photo property of DramaticElegance, taken via instagram}
He writes His name on my eyelids so when i blink, i remember. and every flicker of the eyelashes is a flicker of the Spirit-flame sent down after forty days of waiting from the day He rose. He calls me woman, He calls me daughter. and it's not a dirty curse but a whisper of admiring glory woven in Light.

and Heaven to earth is only a whispered prayer away, a half-step to glory. and for so long, i've been loving and living like fire and ice, never touching without burning and melting. but now i'm flying close to the Light and i am not burned, for the One at my side is like the Son of the Most High

so i'm leaving my shoes on the threshold because this place is holy ground, and the dirt feels good between my toes and the wild is calling my name.

run further up and further in
for this is the place of which you have dreamed
for which you have been waiting all your life.

:: be wild, dove-daughter
for your faith has made you whole

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. You are beautiful. More than you know. So much Value and Worth...it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This literally brought me to tears. This was exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you so much for being so open and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it in almost every post I read, Rachel. Beauty just pours out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This:
    "He calls me woman, He calls me daughter. and it's not a dirty curse but a whisper of admiring glory woven in Light."
    Soothing and true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he writes his name on my eyelids....dang...how cool is that...
    felt a bit of sadness at the gouging away....we all do that though..

    love your wildness ma'am...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that pruning does hurt, doesn't it? But it yields such terrific fruit, such as your post today. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon