Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lantern

All those days watching from the windows / All those years outside looking in / All that time never even knowing / Just how blind I've been / Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight / Now I'm here, suddenly I see / Standing here, it's all so clear / I'm where I'm meant to be...~Disney's Tangled

I think I'm on a bit of a Disney kick....although, perhaps a more accurate statement would be that I'm on a Tangled kick.

This makes two posts in two weeks, and I don't honestly think I'm done letting my mind run with this story yet.

I think I'm reverting to my childhood once again...

...that, or this whimsical little fairytale has more of a hold on me than I once understood.

Maybe it's that wandering gypsy in me that loves the idea of being free, weaving flowers in my hair and dancing without a care in the world.

Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me that thrills at the notion of such devotion...finding a ruffian with the charm of a prince to sweep me off my feet...having someone love me enough to give up everything to care for me.

Maybe it's the Christian in me who feels a familiar rush of tears and joy at the realization that the King of Heaven gave up everything, including His precious life and blood, just to ensure that I would live a life of freedom and light.

Personally, I think it's a bit of all three.

...but maybe it's the lanterns that draw me in the most.

The idea of flickering lights floating in the sky, amid the already-sparkling stars.

A beacon of epic proportions, the dazzling beauty of sun and flowers floating against the blue-black of midnight...

...all to call me home again.

The cry of a Father, sending His lights out...

...whispering in the darkness of the night...

"My daughter, I know you're out there. Please come home...come back to Me."

"And at last I see the light / And it's like the fog has lifted / And at last I see the light / And it's like the sky is new / And it's warm and real and bright / And the world has somehow shifted / All at once everything looks different / Now that I see you..." ~Disney's Tangled


2 comments:

  1. I am in love with that scene and that song, I want to dance to that song at my wedding, beautiful!
    I love the thought of being Gods lantern to the world! I only hope I can shine my light as strong as He wants me too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obessesed with that movie...I feel your joy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon