Saturday, June 25, 2011

Overflow

Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord GOD is my strength. He has made my feet like hinds’ feet, and makes me walk on my high places. ~Habakkuk 3:18-19


At this moment, I am overwhelmed.


So many things have come at me at once...and I am simply lost in the glory and incredible love of my Savior.


The response to my giveaway within in the first eight hours of its posting caught me entirely off-guard. The way my family, friends, and followers have showered me with love and support is beyond anything I could have ever anticipated...


...and I cannot wait to see what the next month has in store.


My sister, who is currently overseas in Germany for the next three months, has made a true effort to stay connected with me...even though we have both been struggling in recent days with our relationship.


People in my life who have covered me in prayer...loved me and wanted me, despite my endless list of weaknesses and insecurities, and made an effort to keep me in their lives...their love is remarkable.


The reality of all of these incredible occurrences is enough to draw me to my knees and bring tears of joy pouring down my face.


This is more than I deserve.


I cannot even fathom it fully.


I am undone.


This entire process, however, has put something powerful in the forefront of my mind.


I no longer want to be happy.


Being happy comes and goes...emotions fade in and out like flower petals in a gale.


I want joy.


I want lasting peace and enduring love that stays at my side, regardless of what pain I endure....regardless of what is said to me, or thought of me...casting aside the happiness that only the world can bring.


I want to rejoice.


In light and in dark...in life and in death...in love and in heartbreak...


...I want to overflow in peace.


In joy.


In Him.


He has made me strong. He has FLOODED me with Himself in ways that my human mind flounders to understand.


And that is where I want to stay.


Overcome by joy.


The very nature of Joy makes nonsense of our common distinction between having and wanting. ~C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. I had never quite thought of it that way, that what I should really want is lasting joy, rather than true happiness. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. This speaks my heart right now. Sometimes I feel like I should force joy, but then I always end up crashing harder.

    You're blog is amazing. I've read so many posts and just drank them in... :) I'm following. Oh yes. :D

    ~hannah grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you've written a beautiful post that expresses my feelings exactly! =)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon