Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lune

Night time is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep. ~Catherine O'Hara

Have you looked outside tonight?

If not, I beg you to stop reading this, take a step outside the door, and cast your eyes up toward the heavens.

Pray that the clouds part, and gaze upon the moon.

Because the moon is PERFECT tonight.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with the night, and the moon in particular.

There is something so silently beautiful about the night.

It whispers so loudly of elegance...of love...of a whimsical sort of peace that only the watching moon and the God who made it can truly understand.

It's a secret that God and the moon share together...a secret that no mortal could deign to fathom.

Maybe that's why I love the darkness of midnight.

I want to be as close to God as the moon is...if not closer.

I want to share His sky. Walk His roads and sing His songs.

...but then I realize

the moon is just a reminder

of how close I will one day be

to Him.

"But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes." ~C.S. Lewis


4 comments:

  1. You should try making moonbows, like a rainbow but all pearly and faded! They are amazing and all you have to do is put your hose on the mist setting and stand with your back to the moon. The moon light will make a moonbow in the mist and they are sooo prettyful!=)
    The Man in the moon is an especial friend of mine, his name is Jamie..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and I adore that first quote! That is exactly how I feel! I am always tired and ready for bed, but that's when all of my ideas come to me and when I fell the need to sing, and dance, and write, and read all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. Someday, lets sit and gaze at the night sky together and listen to its far reaching silence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I love the quotes, too. Star and moon gazing is a great thing to do in the night. And there's just something about the moon that makes it a memorable and wonderful piece of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon