Friday, July 22, 2011

Pregunta (Question)

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.  ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Questions are important to life.

We are born with the innocence of curiosity...the need to know, search, muse, and ponder the things set before us.

The statement has been made that there is no such thing as a "stupid" question, and I am inclined to agree. How can we know if we do not ask? What things can we glean if we keep our musings behind our lips and unheard by those who may have the answers we seek?

So here, I give you the opportunity to exercise your gift of curiosity.

Ask me what you wish to know. 

Ask me anything.


Any question...no matter how "foolish" you may thing it may be or how trite it may sound to your own ears.

Ask me of my life, my dreams, my wishes, my inspiration, my heroes and my failures...my favourite colour to my deepest beliefs.

Put your question in the comment section of this post, and I will answer it with all honesty in a forthcoming post.

Obviously, there is a level of decorum and appropriateness that is accepted, but I am most sure that I do not have to bring this to your attention.

I have laid down the welcome mat and unlocked the door of my mind.

Open the door, if only just a crack.

Be curious.

And ask away.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.  Curiosity has its own reason for existing.  One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality.  ~Albert Einstein

5 comments:

  1. OOH! what is your fave type of music? if you could travel to 3 places, where would they be?
    what's on your wishlist for this year? what was your happiest moment last year? few of your fave bloggers? pet peeves?
    i know, i know. i am SO nosey.
    i love finding out little random facts about people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so well, and here's my question. How do you write so well? Did you take a writing course anywhere? Or does it just come naturally? :)

    xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find your post pics?
    What is your favorite holiday?
    Where have you always dreamed of going?
    Have you ever been to florida? (My home state).

    That was fun :) I should do this on my bloggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the elegant style of writing in all of your dreamy blog posts... I am curious to know... what are the top three books that have influenced your life-- books that encourage you to become a better person, books that inspire you, books that make you who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I love the last picture on this post. {♥. ♥? ♥!}

    Let me see now...
    Which people [either living or dead] inspire you the most?
    If your house caught on fire, which five things would be the most important for you to save?
    White, dark, or milk chocolate?

    ~Hannah Grace
    ps: I'm actually having a blogparty/giveaway on my blog right now. Even if you don't want to enter, I'd love to see the answers to my questions posted on there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon