i knew this would be a side effect. it's the one everyone whispers about behind closed doors, the one they all ask me about, and the one i thought i was escaping.
but curled up in armchairs clutching a ceramic bowl before rushing to another wider bowl in another room...this has been my sleeping and my waking.
and my stomach is slowly fading in its clenching as sparkling water with hints of peaches and a lot of slow-moving rest are finally beginning to do their job.
i feel my blessings slowly changing in their style, but never fading in their sacred glory.
- 236. ginger ale and sparkling peach water
- 237. laundry already started and the strength to finish the chore
- 238. salsa chicken in the crockpot, one of the few things that appeal to my lurching tummy
- 239. the peace of resting soundly when sleep finally came
- 240. comfort in disappointment, rest in knowing that plans are held in a Lion's paw
- 241. encouraging notes from dear sisters and friends, knowing that other women have walked this road before, and have made their own paths of strength
- 242. being reminded that i am brave and warrioress even in the oddest of ways.
and so i'm resting now.
i'm breathing slowly and feeling myself settle deeper into the comfort of warm quilts and steaming cups of tea. this cold winter does not touch me here, for i am warm and safe and healing deep within.
blessings rise here. pregnant and barefoot in the sacred.